How to Generate PCB Gerber files for an KiCad Project
1.Open your project with KiCAD.
2. Click on .kicad_pcb file to view the board layout.
3. Click on Plot icon on toolbar at the top.
4. Select F.Cu, B.Cu, B.SilkS, F.SilkS, B.Mask, F.Mask, Edge.Cuts from the Layers Option. Select “Use Protel filename extensions” under Gerber Options. Click on Plot.
5. The gerber generation process should be pretty quick. Once it’s run its course, have a look the messages window- there should now be .gbl, .gbo, .gbs, .gtl, .gto, .gts, and .gm1.files created in your work directory. Click on Generate Drill File button.
6. Select option Gerber in Drill Map File Format list. Click on Drill File button.
7. Check the messages window- there should now be .drl file created in your work directory.
8. Go to your work directory. Change the .gm1 file extension to .gko
9. Compress all eight files.
10. Done! You are now ready to upload your .zip file onto Lion Circuits and place your order!
Here is a Step by Step Guide to help you upload your design and place orders with Lion Circuits!
To view an instant quote corresponding to your design, you can upload your Gerber files here: